I have had several people notice the banner at the top of my YouTube Channel. Everyone always ask: “How did you put that there?”
Its actually a rather simple process, however only YouTube partners can add it. If you want a banner and you are not a partner with youtube, try to become one. Then you will be able to add a banner.
If you are a YouTube partner then it is pretty easy. Here are the few easy steps:
STEP 1: Design your Banner . Youtube gives you the maximum width and heigth that your Banner can be which is 960px wide by 150 px high. Your banner can be smaller than this but it can be no bigger. Also the banner can only be an image. I at first tried adding in a Flash banner but Youtube does not support that. So your file must be either a .gif, .jpeg, or .png. Other image files may work as well, but these are the most common and the ones that I know will work.
If you don’t know how to make a banner, or simply just don’t have time check out these links to help you out:
STEP 2: Upload Your Banner.
- Log into your YouTube account
- Click the My Channel link under your username at the top left of the page.
- Click Branding Options on the top menu bar.
- Upload your banner
- Fill in the Channel Banner height
- Choose the link you want your banner to direct a user to. If you have several different links you want to use on your banner then you must make an Image Map Code. An Image Map Code allows you to spicify what section of the image you want to attatch a certain link to. If you’re not sure how to make an Image Map Code see my other Blog: How to make and Image Map Code
- Finally, once everything is as you want it click SAVE CHANGES. Refresh your channel, and see what it looks like.
See, like i said: Simple. Nothing to it at all.